React Native Notes
Why web-view is bad?⚑
- Less performent compared to native and native-like technologies
- Does not follow OS's UI design pattern. Same design in both android and iOS
Why React Native⚑
- Big community. Makes development process easier as support can be expected from community when stuck
- Battle-tested framework. Used by companies like Facebook, Uber Eats, Discord, Skype. And invested by Shopify, Microsoft (despite having Xamarin) etc
- Cross-Platform. Write code once, and run it in three platform (Android, Web and iOS)
React Native can't beat Native App's performence⚑
To understand this, we first gotta understand how React Native works internally. When we ship an app, it gets shipped with three things:
- React Native components compiled to Native Code
An app built with purely native technologies(like Java, Kotlin, Swift or Objective-C) whon't have to undergo these tasks(communicating and VM boot-up). Hence, the performence gain.
The downside of using React Native is that it ships a Virtual Machine along with the Release APK which makes the app relatively slow and bigger in size.
export const ComponentName>
export default ComponentName. Former will make sure that
importnamings are consistent throughout the project codebase.